Pages

Friday 15 February 2008

Running in Reykjavik



So, I just wanted to put my plug in for my friend - Natalie Siu, who is running for the Canadian Diabetes Association in Reykjavik, Iceland in the summer. She and I both work at the DHCC, and see the effects of Diabetes on a daily basis. As I think I've mentioned before, 300 Albertans are diagnosed with Diabetes every WEEK. That's an awful lot of people, and an insane growth rate. (who knows if you're not next - anybody could be next) There must be something in the water, or maybe it has something to do with our ridiculous lack of funding for Health Care in this province. Personally, I think more needs to be done to prevent this, and to educate the general public about how they can prevent the onset of diabetes. I certainly am at risk - being a PCOS sufferer, but am doing everything I can to prevent the big D. So, in order to provide more funding for more research into how we can tackle the problem, Natalie is running for the CDA this summer. She needs an awful lot of sponsors to do so, so in order to help her with her goal, I thought I'd post her website where people can donate to her campaign. It is found at http://www.nataliesiu.com/ Go there, read her blog and story, and give generously if you can. Much appreciation and hugs and kisses all around.

No comments: