Pages

Thursday 7 February 2008

Phenomenal Books at Incredible Prices!!!!


So, I've been looking for a copy of this book to purchase for at least a year. It's one of THE best books on faith ever written. Anyone who knows me really well also knows that I am a huge fan of Gene R. Cook. The man has amazing faith, and I am always excited to learn more on the subject from the man. I've read the book before, but it's such a gem that I wanted my own copy. I looked on Amazon for a copy, and discovered that it is available only second hand for a minimum of $46.76. (as all unbelievably difficult to find and out of print books are on Amazon) Anyway, about 3 months ago, I was in my church bookstore - Beehive Books, I looked in the used book section in hopes of finding it, but to no avail. I asked if they had a list where people could write down their requests, and if they saw that one come through give them a call. They did, so I had them make note of my request. Last week, I got a call from the Cardston store saying that they had a copy and that I could pick it up. I asked if they could transfer it to the Calgary - Queensland store for me and have them call me to pick it up. Yesterday they called, and today I went to pick it up. I could not believe my luck because they offered it to me for $2.50. What a freaking steal!!!!!!!! I looked closer on the book and on a piece of paper, it said something about it being $12.50. I pointed this out to the clerk, and she said, no, the price on the book is $2.50 and it's in the computer for $2.50, so that's what you're getting it for. I was sooo excited. It has a little bit of writing in it, but the writing is notes that are actually helpful to one reading the book, so I'm totally ok with that. I'm amazed really at the bargain and the lack of effort in finding this treasured gem. Just thought I'd share my good news with everyone.

No comments: