I've never done one of these tag things before, but I think Becka tagged me. So here goes...
Apparently the rules are these:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post the player then tags 5 other people and posts their names and leaves a message on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog to get directions.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
1998, hmmm, I think I was thinking about going on a mission, hanging out with my best friend Rob, going to Friday night dances and tearing up the floor with him. I guess I was working at UMA as a pee-on clerk. Other than that, not sure. The 90's are kind of a blur you know? I was 23 at the time, so I must have been doing something fun.
2. 5 things on my to do list...
Long term - Get to my evenutal goal of being at an ideal weight and be in the best shape of my life; get married (not as easy as it sounds); have babies (again, not that easy); get a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics; move to the homeland of the UK. (not in that order obviously)
Current - Change half the water in my fish tank and change the chemistry in the filter; work on making interview questions for my parents' interviews while they still have a memory of WW2 and growing up in Britain; Vacuum and Dust my room; sell my car; buy a bicycle.
3. What snacks do I enjoy?
Well, I really really like natural plain unsalted almonds. But, when I eat too many of them I get a rash (according to the allergist). (which I have at present, so probably should go easy on them) Also am a fan of 100 calorie snacks, though I try to stay away from the salty ones because they just make me want to eat more. I stick to Dark Aeros and the like. I also like sweet snap peas. If I were eating bad things - it would include cheesecake, shortbread, and Skor Bars.
4. What would you do if you were instantly a billionaire?
Well, obviously I'd pay off my debts, and all of my families' as well. Buy a simple house, and a great reliable yet environmentally conscious vehicle. Then I'd probably invest in a halfway house where people were empowered to change their lives. (I work downtown and see a lot of people who need empowering) Then I'd probably spend a lot of time travelling, and settle down to be a permanent student.
5. 3 Bad Habits
Oooh, don't know if I want to share my worst. But some of them include - procrastination, being a doormat (which I am no more), and negative self-talk from time to time (which my best friend chastises me for)
6. 6 Places I lived
Hmm, don't know if I've even lived in 6 places, but I'll try...
Calgary, AB (obviously)
Vail, Arizona (that one's a bit of a stretch - right outside of Vail, but served in the area)
7. 5 Jobs I've had
- Spiffy Cutco Knives Salesperson
- Retail sales clerk in various stores (Antels, POPi, Petland)
- Sanding monkey extrordinaire (I was the best sander - they told me so)
- Billing Clerk
- Unit Clerk (mass communication centre)
8. 5 things people don't know about me
hmmm, this could get dangerous
- I've seen Neil Diamond in concert - twice (he's quite an entertainer)
- I want to go to India some day and do Yoga in the middle of nowhere like in the videos (but I want to go to India anyway to travel - it's a fabulous place)
- I can probably quote the movie - "Singing in the Rain" from beginning to end while watching it
- When I was little I wanted to be Miss Piggy (little did I know - kidding)
- I've read the Autobiography of Malcolm X and loved it. (the man had a great soul)
Phew got through that without revealing too much.
Now it's other people's turns. Umm, I don't know many people with blogs besides Becka, so I'm tagging everyone I know even if it isn't 5.
M'Lisa, Sheri, Amanda, Steve (you don't have to Steve, I know your blog is mostly for research posting stuff)