Pages

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Becka's Tag

I've never done one of these tag things before, but I think Becka tagged me. So here goes...

Apparently the rules are these:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post the player then tags 5 other people and posts their names and leaves a message on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog to get directions.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
1998, hmmm, I think I was thinking about going on a mission, hanging out with my best friend Rob, going to Friday night dances and tearing up the floor with him. I guess I was working at UMA as a pee-on clerk. Other than that, not sure. The 90's are kind of a blur you know? I was 23 at the time, so I must have been doing something fun.

2. 5 things on my to do list...
Long term - Get to my evenutal goal of being at an ideal weight and be in the best shape of my life; get married (not as easy as it sounds); have babies (again, not that easy); get a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics; move to the homeland of the UK. (not in that order obviously)
Current - Change half the water in my fish tank and change the chemistry in the filter; work on making interview questions for my parents' interviews while they still have a memory of WW2 and growing up in Britain; Vacuum and Dust my room; sell my car; buy a bicycle.

3. What snacks do I enjoy?
Well, I really really like natural plain unsalted almonds. But, when I eat too many of them I get a rash (according to the allergist). (which I have at present, so probably should go easy on them) Also am a fan of 100 calorie snacks, though I try to stay away from the salty ones because they just make me want to eat more. I stick to Dark Aeros and the like. I also like sweet snap peas. If I were eating bad things - it would include cheesecake, shortbread, and Skor Bars.

4. What would you do if you were instantly a billionaire?
Well, obviously I'd pay off my debts, and all of my families' as well. Buy a simple house, and a great reliable yet environmentally conscious vehicle. Then I'd probably invest in a halfway house where people were empowered to change their lives. (I work downtown and see a lot of people who need empowering) Then I'd probably spend a lot of time travelling, and settle down to be a permanent student.

5. 3 Bad Habits
Oooh, don't know if I want to share my worst. But some of them include - procrastination, being a doormat (which I am no more), and negative self-talk from time to time (which my best friend chastises me for)

6. 6 Places I lived
Hmm, don't know if I've even lived in 6 places, but I'll try...
Calgary, AB (obviously)
Olds, AB
Crossfield, AB
Tucson, Arizona
Thatcher, Arizona
Vail, Arizona (that one's a bit of a stretch - right outside of Vail, but served in the area)

7. 5 Jobs I've had
- Spiffy Cutco Knives Salesperson
- Retail sales clerk in various stores (Antels, POPi, Petland)
- Sanding monkey extrordinaire (I was the best sander - they told me so)
- Billing Clerk
- Unit Clerk (mass communication centre)

8. 5 things people don't know about me
hmmm, this could get dangerous
- I've seen Neil Diamond in concert - twice (he's quite an entertainer)
- I want to go to India some day and do Yoga in the middle of nowhere like in the videos (but I want to go to India anyway to travel - it's a fabulous place)
- I can probably quote the movie - "Singing in the Rain" from beginning to end while watching it
- When I was little I wanted to be Miss Piggy (little did I know - kidding)
- I've read the Autobiography of Malcolm X and loved it. (the man had a great soul)
Phew got through that without revealing too much.

Now it's other people's turns. Umm, I don't know many people with blogs besides Becka, so I'm tagging everyone I know even if it isn't 5.
M'Lisa, Sheri, Amanda, Steve (you don't have to Steve, I know your blog is mostly for research posting stuff)

1 comment:

notsoseemless said...

becky!! first of all. swet snap peas are the BEST
second of all thanks for tagging me! i've been dying for an excuse to write in my blog, and i'm soo busy and stressed i need a twenty minute break!! third of all(which should really have been first of all) i think you look incredible. i could see the difference all along!!