Pages

Thursday 3 April 2008

Treasure hunting on You-Tube

Just been surfing You Tube (not that I don't have a thousand things to do, but just felt like winding down you know), and I found the most awesome videos... just thought I'd share. You know when you get a really cool idea of what to search for, and then you just have to look it up right now? Well, it started with Joni Mitchell. I saw this video before, but needed to see it again. It's her on a show based out of the University of Manitoba called "Lets Sing Out" back in the '60s when she was still Joni Anderson...



Joni is sooo awesome. I love that she's ours - a national treasure. Yea for talented Canadians. There's really so many, too many to list, but we really are a diverse and talented people. Here's another Joni treasure filmed about a year later...



So, looking for great Joni Mitchell videos led me to one of her on the Johnny Cash show, and of course, then I had to search for great Johnny Cash videos. Oh, I found them. Johnny may not be Canadian, but he's the original man in black, and definitely one of my personal favorites. Here's the first one I found (and it's one of my favorites) You can see the love in this one...



Then there was this classic treasure from the San Quentin prison concert and my personal favorite Johnny Cash of all time...



Anyway, there's some treasures for you. Just thought I'd share. Won't be posting for a few days, as I'm off to Utah for the week-end. My first time ever as a tourist. So excited.

No comments: