Pages

Tuesday 13 May 2008

My Behind Will Thank Me For Taking Transit Tomorrow...


Report on first day of biking commute... Well, it was pretty good really. I mean, I am obviously more out of shape than I thought. I'm not an athlete by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, I'm healthy, but alas, there is much needed in the training department. So, 20 km to work, took me about an hour and a half. I had to walk her up 2 hills, and across one huge slab of ice across the path. My chain fell off once, but snapped that puppy right back on there. It was really enjoyable over all, and it was nice to be among the morning outdoorsy folk - feeling like - one of them. That was really nice. Plus, it was nice to be among the little scurrying things. I almost gave this little chipmunk a heart attack as I came around the corner - poor thing. Yes, the ride to work was lovely. Though - I did complain about my behind hurting ALL DAY (among other things). This particular part made me dread the ride home, and the pain that would be inflicted by it. So, 4:00 came around, and I hopped on, wincingly, but I was on my way. The way home took me 2 hours instead of the nice hour and a half, and again, had to walk her up a couple of hills, (learned how to avoid the ice flow) But, I did survive, and for that, I am grateful. I realize that this is only due to the prayers I offered before the ride. So grateful. Tomorrow, my behind WILL thank me for taking transit.

1 comment:

Natalie Siu said...

Becky! Great job on making the trek! It didn't sound like it was the easiest thing to do, but I'm sure that it'll only get easier from here...
REALLY proud and envious of you to be able to do something like that! Keep it up!