Pages

Sunday 31 January 2010

Stress...

My friend says I need to try these things...



Kalms... apparently they de-stress you. You know what I'd really like though, is this...



I almost always feel more relaxed, and far less stressed after having one of those... not to mention balanced.

I have had a week packed with commitments and craziness. Apparently my body anticipated this at the beginning of the week and decided to plague me with a short-lived stomach flu. Thankfully it was short lived. Painful, but short lived. Now, unfortunately though - I owe my pal a Coke. We had this disagreement about the flu shot, and I said that I'd be fine without it, and would just continue supplementing with Vitamin D - and that's all I needed. We bet on a Coke. I now owe him a Coke. Small price to pay I suppose. However, being sick wasn't going to stop me from keeping my commitments, so I fulfilled them. Tuesday, we had our first "Faith in God" activity for the year in Primary. This is an activity once a month for Children aged 8-11. Then, Wednesday I was supposed to do something too, but went to bed early instead. Felt 150% better on Thursday. Thursday I spoke at our Relief Society Meeting on my 110 pound weight loss, what got me there, and what happened afterwards. (shared the Ugly Duckling story as told by President Craig) It went really well, but anticipating the presentation, and anticipating doing it 3 times over really kind of stressed me out a little. Then Saturday I had all of these things to do - a quarter of which actually got done - but not well. Long story short, I hate the National Express East Coast people, my neighbours are slobs, and hairdressers in this country are not very accommodating. Then, today I spoke in church after going through all of the regular Primary madness that ensues every week. This also went really well, but as I said - I think just anticipating doing all of these things this week really stressed me out. So, now I've got all of this pent up leftover stress - even though I got through it all ok. Maybe I'll just drink some Horlicks and go to bed. It all starts over again tomorrow, but at least my schedule looks relatively clear-ish this week. Imagine what I'm going to be like when I start my studies... :-/ I may need to invest in these Kalms that my friend was speaking of.

On a totally un-related topic, I think I want a Micropig. They are really quite clean, not to mention cute and snorty. Sigh... I wish I could have a pet. Maybe if I train it to use the toilet, I could. Because then I could still work every day-like. Probably not practical, but still - a girl can dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, you don't owe him a Coke. The flu shot is for influenza but won't help against stomach bugs. You're off the hook!