Pages

Sunday 17 January 2010

Ah, Friends...



Friends like this are hard to come by

It's really nice when people from home come to visit here in Scotland. I just had a really great catch-up with Davin - who is here in the UK on a business trip. He came up to Scotland to visit my friend Steve, so I stole some time with him also. I really miss that, you know? People I've known forever, and just chit chatting about old times, and the people we know. That's why it's so nice to have Steve around as well. It helps me remember that I had a different life before. I miss my people. I miss my girls in particular though - my two closest friends Pat and Tracy. I would say that there is no one in the world who knows me better than they do. They know all of my kinks and flaws, and they love me for them. I hope one day to find another friend like that - whom I can tell anything at all to, and they wouldn't think of me differently. I think I would shock a fair few people out of their skin if I told them half of what I was really thinking - haha. But, I guess that's what makes relationships like that special; you can really tell them anything, and they'll accept you no matter what you say. They'd chastise you, and try to help you back on the right track if necessary, but will still love you and accept you.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is - true friends are hard to come by. Don't get me wrong, I've made some really great friends here while living in Scotland. I've really been fortunate that way. But, I guess I'm just not entirely trusting by nature. It takes a really trustworthy soul to get to see the real me. I hope I'll be fortunate enough to find that again.

So, we had a lovely potluck dinner tonight. Lisa and Sandy brought a casserole (delicious), I made Salad (ok), and Steve brought a Rice Pudding (also delicious). I must say - that these friends have proven to be excellent to spend time with, and also to depend on for being there when needing a shoulder to cry on. Not least of all, they make excellent food. I'm grateful to have found good friends here in Scotland. Friends really are what makes life worthwhile - wherever you are.

I feel very fortunate to have had great friends in my life.

Please come and visit me any time, my friends. :-)

2 comments:

Maus said...

is one of your friend here is filipina?

Becky said...

Yes, indeed she is a filipina...