Pages

Sunday 10 January 2010

Sunday Thoughts...


This is for mbfm...

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

My prayers are for your son, for you, and your family. God loves him very much, and he'll take care of him, because he's his son as well... and you are his daughter.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Today, I'm feeling fairly thoughtful, and contemplative. I have to say, that I'm really enjoying working with the Primary children at church. They're great kids, and each one of them is really special in their own way. It just seems like there is never an end of things to do. I think this is the first time I've had one of these "losing sleep over" callings, and I have to say it's exhausting - because it's full time. But, I think - that may be just what I need right now... a chance to stop worrying about myself and my own needs for a while, and think about others. I think it's just too easy to get into that "poor me" rut when you have nothing to distract you from yourself. It's good to have lots of little distractions in my life. Things are really looking up just now. I think this will be a heck of a year...

I went back to the gym this week. Feeling pretty good. The muscles remember what to do. The Yoga mat is glad to be useful again. Things are in motion to keep me on the right track with all of my resolutions. I'm not saying I've been perfect in keeping them, but I'm doing my very best, and the best thing really is to keep it fairly consistent, and not let yourself have an "all or nothing" attitude about it. If you slip up, just pick yourself and start over again. No big deal. We build things up in our minds far too much. They've asked me to speak to the Relief Society ladies at church about my weight-loss journey. They want to know what it was that motivated me in the first place. The real thing is, that the only thing that can motivate you is your will. You can have one or two of many different reasons for "wanting" to lose weight, but the only thing that actually helps you to succeed is your decision to do so. Once you have decided to do something - you do it. That's really the end of the story. Commitment is the key. Isn't that the case with everything in life? If you want real happiness, you have to commit to a worthy cause. So - there you have it.

I think that's all I have to say today. Will post again next week.

B

No comments: