Pages

Sunday 7 February 2010

The New New Plan...


Sigh... I know I change my mind about this every single week, but...

I've decided to make a new overall plan for my health.

The week before last was probably the most stressful one I've had in a while, and my body didn't respond well to it. So, after doing some thinking, and listening to my body, I've decided to take a different overall approach for my health.

I've also decided to give this "Flat Belly Diet" a go. My sister started on it last week, I'm not sure how it's gone for her (need to call her tonight), but overall - how bad could it be? It's like 1600 calories, well balanced, and promises to banish belly fat, whilst eating more - fat. How bad could it be? I'm going to read the book all the way through before I start though. It's best I know what I'm doing if I'm going to apply myself seriously to it.

Anyway, besides that, I've decided that I need more sleep, and a balanced approach to exercise. Therefore, instead of the hardcore 30 minutes of cardio every single day, on top of walking and Yoga...

I shall follow this routine...

Monday - Walk to and from work, do 30 minutes of cardio at lunch.

Tuesday - Walk to and from work, do 60 minutes of Yoga at home.

Wednesday - Walk to and from work, do 30 minutes of cardio at lunch.

Thursday - Walk to and from work, do 60 minutes of Yoga at home.

Friday - Walk to and from work.

Saturday - 60 minutes of Yoga at home, walk to and from the grocery store.

Sunday - Walk to and from church


Simple enough? I think so. How hard could that be? The hard part is going to be sleep... I remember some time ago, my friend Natalie who is a Dietician told me that when you get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, then certain chemicals (leptin and grehlin) are released which help you to lose weight. (in a manner of speaking) Plus, I have found that when I don't get enough sleep, I'm cranky, unhappy, unhealthy, and stressed out. Kalms have been helpful, but nothing replaces sleep. Yoga should help with feeling less stressed too.

Bad stress is bad. Bad. Bad. As time goes on, I think I'm going to face more of this bad stress. Therefore, I better get my routine going now so that I can have the tools to face it.

I need to spend less time at my computer as well, and more time reading. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. When I start school, (hopefully in March - if all works out) then I'll definitely have to spend less time at the computer and more time reading, or perhaps more reading at the computer, and less social networking. Well, regardless - I need more balance. Balance is what I'm going to get.

No comments: