Pages

Friday 5 December 2008

Last Day - Happy/Sad; But Overall - Fulfilled


It's my last day of work today...

I'm feeling quite melancholy about it, because the truth is - I have never worked with a better group of people in my life than I have at the DHCC. That statement is not made to take away from the lovely people I have worked with before, I've had the privilege of working with some great people; but, I have never worked in a place where the management was as good. Leslie and Kathy (also Leanne and Jodi) really really care about each and every staff member as an individual. They've stretched me - sometimes to my limit (haha) - however, I have grown because of it. Jocelyne made the joke - no - you've shrunk. It's true - I have. You know, I think - I'm actually a different person altogether now from when I started here. That has to be the definition of a good experience, if you come out of it better than when you started - then it was worth every minute. When I put things into perspective, I thank God that I found that posting 2 years ago, and had the feeling that I should apply. I'm crying now as I type this. I hope that I find people that are just as great to work with (though I doubt I will) in Scotland. Today, I laughed, I cried, I ate good food with good friends, and I made more memories. Isn't that what life is about? Living, and making memories - so that one day you can look back and say - I lived a full life, and I'm really truly happy. John Lennon said - "Life is what happens when you're making other plans", and it's true - we often make all these plans about where we think our lives should lead, while forgetting that life is all around us, and we are here to enjoy every minute whether we're working, or playing. If a person can enjoy life in all it's aspects,(warts and all) then I would say - that is a successful life.

1 comment:

B said...

Loved what you shared with us today at church. It is interesting you say how you are a different person than you were before you started your job two years ago because I was thinking the same thing about you today. Not that I knew you well, or do even now, but from years ago when we sorta knew each other due to my dating a friend of yours to today where we sorta know each other because your parents live so close to me and we are in the same ward, even I have seen a difference in who you are. It is a stunning thing to see actually. You've always been amazing but something about you radiates now. It's a great addition.

Best of luck on your journeys. YOU WILL DO AMAZING THINGS.