Pages

Sunday 10 February 2008

Words of Healing (for me that is)


Some things I read today which I found extremely helpful to me...


"When things that are of the greatest importance are passed over by weak-minded men without even a thought, I want to see truth in all its bearings and hug it to my bosom. I believe all that God ever revealed, and I never hear of a man being damned for believing too much; but they are damned for unbelief."


"When God offers a blessing or knowledge to a man, and he refuses to receive it, he will be damned. The Israelites prayed that God would speak to Moses and not to them; in consequence of which he cursed them with a carnal law."


"I have always had the satisfaction of seeing the truth triumph over error, and darkness give way before light."
All quotations from Joseph Smith, Jr.

No comments: