Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2008

The one drawback to living in the greatest country in the world!!!




So, I gotta say, living in Canada on days like today make you wonder - a little - exactly why you are still here. Of course, in the middle of summer when everything's fantastic, and the weather is perfectly pristine, one tends to forget that it can get to be -43 degrees Celsius with the wind chill factor. I've always prided myself on being able to withstand such drastic temperatures, but lately (perhaps with the recent weight loss, I have less insulation?) I have been able to withstand it less and less. I'm really starting to wonder why on earth I leave my house at all on days like today. I guess though, that the ability to move forward and do all of the things you would normally do even though if you expose bare skin to the wind you could get frostbite in less than a minute makes me and all of the others who live here true Canadians. We are amazing really for our resiliency. Plus, we do live in THE greatest country in the world in every other aspect, and a little bad weather really is a fair trade for all of the great things about living here. Having said that, I still think about moving every time the weather gets to be this way. One of my best friends recently moved to Hawaii, perhaps I should take a leaf out of her book. Or at the very least move somewhere where it doesn't get colder than -10. That's totally doable. -10 I can do easy with a t-shirt on.

No comments: