Pages

Sunday 22 February 2009

Sunday Thoughts

Sorry I haven't been a very good blogger lately. You know, I usually only write when something inspires me. Haha, evidently something inspired me earlier on in the week. However, I haven't forgotten you my friends. I've been thinking about what to share. I've noticed that I haven't really spent a lot of time on the important things lately. It's so easy to get caught up in time-consuming things like facebook, and you-tubing. I need to read more books (like I used to). I haven't read an entire book since I stepped off the plane into my new country. But, on a positive note, some of that you-tubing lead me to this...



Many of you know that I am a devout follower of my faith - that being The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (or Mormons). I have found that I've been a bit out of touch with my spiritual side as late, and as a loving Heavenly Father does, my God has lead me back to where I ought to be, and where I feel happiest. That's kind of how life goes though, isn't it? You have good moments and bad moments. Well, I suppose you could say that at the moment (this moment) I'm having a good one. I'm grateful to feel the guidance of my God in my life. I suppose it does help as well that it's a Sunday, and I went to church, and renewed myself for another week. However, finding this official channel of the church on You-tube was helpful as well. They are just simple messages, but they are important messages for finding hope and strength to carry on in life, and not allow one's self to be pulled into despair. It's so easy at this point in time to be pulled into despair - what with the state of the world and it's economy, people losing jobs, struggling to make ends meet (that's another thing that's been on my mind). It's just hard times overall. But, if we can look deep inside of ourselves and see our own divinity, and our ability to make something out of nothing, I think we will find the hope to carry on. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's really what makes me who I am, so it's actually quite important.

Here's one message that I found quite touching from my favorite - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. You may have actually seen parts of this talk before on my blog, but this is a short summary of what he said with some touching music and images. It reminds me of who I am...



Hope you enjoy it. Have a great week.

No comments: