Pages

Monday 28 January 2008

Passing of a Dear Friend and Valiant Soldier of God


I know I posted one already for today, but recent news has made it so that I need to post again. (2 in one day!!!!) Tonight, at 7:00 pm MST, a dear friend to all Latter-Day Saints - President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away. He was 97 years old, and passed due to old age surrounded by family at his SLC apartment. He was always such a light and example to every latter-day saint. He had an amazing sense of humor, and never failed to make people laugh at General Conference. He saw some amazing things happen in his lifetime to do with the growth of the church in so many ways. He contributed so much, that I don't really honestly believe that I can possibly type every single one of his accomplishments here. For some reference to that, see this article... http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8095453 It's pretty good and unbiased, and lists much of his accomplishments. Anyway, personally, I will miss him very much. I'm very happy for him to be able to be reunited with his sweetheart - Marjorie who passed away in 2004. I know he missed her very much, and can imagine what a joyful reunion they will have - as they were the very best of friends. You could tell at every conference in recent times how much he was feeling her loss. Yea for spirit world reunions! Well, not much else to say except farewell to a dear valiant soldier of God who fought the good fight, and served to the greatest of his capacity. How I will really very much miss him. Onward and upward though, and the next prophet that the Lord chooses to help him lead his church will be just as special and missed just as much when he passes. The Lord will always have great leadership at the head of his church, and as one great man passes, so another great man takes his place as God's servant as he is omniscient and sees all ahead of time. Rest well my friend. I will miss you very much.

No comments: