Pages

Tuesday 23 September 2008

I'm On Vacation.... But Here's Some Restaurant Reviews To Keep You Happy...

I'm pretty sure that Marsha will freak out if I don't write something soon ;-) So, here goes...

I'm on vacation, you'd think I'd find time to write on vacation, but it turns out that I'm quite busy working other jobs. Ah well, such is life. Today I do have a day off entirely, and slept in quite late. It was wonderful. But I do have plans to run (eek - don't freak out Marsha), sew my pants and skirt, work on my big photo scanning project, record old family tapes onto MP3, do my Yoga, do a wee bit of laundrey, and continue transcribing my journals. I know none of that means anything to most of you, but it's a list that has carried over on my "to do" for months. It has to get done, and soon. I think I'll tell you about my recent lovely restaurant experiences...

Early last week I had lunch with a very old and dear friend and we decided to go to this "Mt. Everest's Kitchen" on 17th which was FABULOUS... I've never had Nepalese cuisine, have you? It was wonderful. It was lunch time, so they had a buffet, but it really didn't feel like buffet. The waiters were soooooo polite and helpful, they made us feel like we were in a fancy restaurant. I can't focus on one dish, it was all good. Himalayan cuisine rocks. Actually, no there was one dish I can tell you (because I remember the name - haha) It was called Everest Chicken. It was so good, both my friend and I just loved it, and everything else. So, yes that was my Mt. Everest Kitchen experience.

Then, later in the week, my work-girls and I hit this Bistro 2210 on 4th street. We're moving our clinic on the 3rd, so we've been taking advantage of all our great restaurants more and more before they become scarce. So, this Bistro is again FABULOUS. The food was great, and it was what I would describe as a "real live" restaurant - where they have a menu for each meal of the day, and limited items on the menu - but fabulous items. Everything was fabulous. I took pictures of what we all had...



The soup de jour which was this fabulous butternut squash soup - so creamy and so good and sweet. Mmmm.



Didn't take me long to finish that baby off.



Trish's Cappuccino. Look at how pretty it is... Look at that lovely coarse brown sugar...



This is what I had - it was Spinach and Ricotta in a Crepe. Look at that beautiful presentation... It was sooooooo good too. Very satisfying.



Linda had the chicken - something or other - sorry Bistro people, can't remember the name - it's soooo pretty though, and Linda certainly enjoyed it.



Trish's Pork Schnitzel - Apparently it was the greatest thing ever...



Marsha had the Parm Chicken Burger with - sigh - Sweet Potato Fries - Who doesn't love sweet potato fries? I LOVE sweet potato fries, and actually - may have eaten more of them than Marsha - but who's counting?



Time for Dessert... Yes, I have dessert. I refuse to deprive myself of things if I want them in my diet. If I eat a little dessert, that's better than not having any at all because something happens psychologically when you deprive yourself of such things. Though with this Creme Brulee - I did clean the wee bowl out - because it was so good, then, I had a bite of Trish's lovely moist Rhubarb Cake...



Yes, it was sooo good. I'm not usually a cake person, because so few people can really get cake right, but this one - was right. Mmmm. So right. It had some sort of "fancy-named" fruity drizzle on it, and - it was so worth it.

Yes, so that was Bistro 2210. It's great - and small - and reasonably priced for what you get out of it - which is a really satisfying dining experience - even just for lunch. Also, the service was fabulous, and got us out in reasonable time to get back to the office. Go - they need to stay open - forever.

*UPDATE* - The run went well Marsha - don't worry I paced myself. I feel great - no pain whatsoever...

*2nd UPDATE* - The only things I got done on the list today were the running and the Yoga. Besides that, I ended up - updating the blog (as you can see), msning with my favorite msner, and discovering piratespeak on facebook. Arrrrr, I suppose the other stuff shall have to wait for another day.

No comments: