Pages

Saturday 4 September 2010

Gonna Fly Now!



Well, here we are in September, and an entire month has gone by without my posting much at all. To be honest, there wasn't much worth posting about. I got sick, and I was also a little depressed. Well, ok - more than a little. I've been on a bit of a roller coaster. Long story short, I've decided to completely block out any well-meaning "feel good" advice, and just cling to my faith and personal relationship with God. The thing is - life has never been easy. It's always been an uphill battle for me. (for most of us I wager) No one ever promised that it would be easy though. I'll tell you what, this may seem silly - but a friend of mine posted this video on Facebook this week...



Besides re-instating my childhood love for Rocky movies, this wee speech gave me a bit more strength to carry on. It's very true you know, life is always going to knock us back; but it's up to us to take the knocks and keep moving forward. "That's how winnin' is done", and believe me - Rocky knows! (that is if Rocky were a real live person, but his character is based on many inspirational people who are real) Who doesn't love an underdog? I am a sucker for an underdog. You know why? Because I AM the freakin' underdog. If I can just stop feeling sorry for myself, and move forward despite the hard knocks of life - I can win too. Truth be told, I don't really have it that bad compared to most people; but then our trials are ours for a reason - because they are hard for us. I think that's the whole purpose of life, isn't it? To endure through trial.

Yeah - so - I've become very philosophical over the last week or so. It's about time too, because I was really getting tired of self-pitying. It gets old after a while.

School starts soon. Yay! I'm looking forward to starting my new module and immersing myself in something new. It's time to put the summer behind me.

1 comment:

kaly said...

I love you Becky.